It’s been a long day.
It’s been a long week.
And when I start feeling tired and a wee cranky, I think I’ve got to be the stupidest person around.
I’ve got so many things and people to thank in my life.
So following Stasha’s lead for this Monday’s Listicle: a list of 10 thanks.
10. Thanks to my husband for not going out and buying ice cream when I beg him — after hours.
9. Thanks to my husband for proceeding against all better judgement and getting me ice cream when I beg him — after hours — risking my wrath when I am mad that I ate the ice cream that he dared to buy.
8. Thanks to my daughter for buying me Tangled for my birthday present.
7. Thanks to the Madison Community Theater Summer Camp I will have moments of clear thought between 9 and noon next week.
6. Thanks to whomever invented air conditioning.
5. Thanks to God for just reminding me that I left the sprinkler going in the garden. That saved us paying for another 8 hours of water. (And me being very angry with myself in the morning.)
4. Thanks to whomever first dipped a salted, fried tortilla chip into salsa.
3. Thanks to Bill Bowerman and Nike for inventing the Waffle sole. As opposed to the waffling soul.
2. Thanks to the person who invented the bell and strobe light aimed at my right pupil to notify me that my fuel tank is .4 miles to empty.
1. Thanks to my husband for choosing to come home every day from work. Instead of driving 12o mph in the opposite direction.