It’s early Monday morning and I’m thinking it’s time for a list.
Funny how that happens.
This week Stasha took the suggestion of Ally from Just a Normal Mom for the prompt:
10 BEST MOVIE QUOTES. Or ten best movie moments. Or ten something movies.
Now I’m not the movie buff in the family, but I’m not going to wake my sleeping husband for help. I’m going to do this all by my big girl self.
Ten Movie Somethings. Or Ten Movie Quotes that I say to myself all the time.
10. Well, with the lapses in my brain in grasping important information “Anyone, Anyone” often comes ringing. Let’s just say “Thank goodness” for google. Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.
9. “It just doesn’t matter.” Another favorite because sometimes in life we stress out about things that “just don’t matter” in the long run.
“It just doesn’t matter. It just doesn’t. It just doesn’t matter.” Meatballs.
8. “I don’t think heavy stuff is going to come down for quite a while.“ Said to myself when indeed all heck has broken loose in my life — but I forge on. Carl Spackler, Caddyshack.
7. “You’re dead to me now.” This is usually me referring to something that is making me crazy. And after googling this clip, I realize that he really says “Fredo, you’re nothing to me now.” I’ll probably keep saying it to myself wrong since I have for 20 plus years. Michael Corleone. Godfather II
6. “Dogs and cats living together.” This springs to mind when something in life goes haywire – biblical proportions haywire. Dr. Peter Venkman, Ghostbusters.
5. “Just when I think you couldn’t get any dumber -- you go and do something like this. . . . And totally redeem yourself.” Another favorite to say to myself about myself. I guess I’m big on doing dumb things and even bigger on redemption. Dumb and Dumber.
4. “Our pets heads are falling off.” Alas another quote that leaps to mind when the wheels-are-off-the wagon. Kind of like “could things get any worse.” Dumb and Dumber.
3. “I love him so much.“ Love Holly Hunter in this movie. Everyone is so wacky around her and all she wants is a baby. This line usually springs to mind when I have a silly irrational love for something. Which is often. Raising Arizona.
2. “That’s nothing to be proud of Rusty. . . . 50 yards. ” Clark Griswald Vacation. When I accomplish something really silly and have a disproportionate amount of pride in it like when I line up the coffee mugs on myself just right.
1. “The new phone book’s here. The new phone book’s here. I’m somebody now.”
“This is the kind of spontaneous publicity – your name in print – that makes people. I’m in print! Things are going to start happening to me now.” Navin Johnson. The Jerk.
So many things in this one.
Joy when some unexpected arrives. Joy when something silly happens and I get noticed. Joy when somebody leaves a quote on my blog.
Yes, things are going to start happening to me now.
What about you, any movie quotes that are a part of your daily internal lexicon?