Work appeared in publications:
Lake Oconee Living
* 2012 Won on the Bronze GAMMA Award for BEST SERVICE JOURNALISM for her “Scarcity in a land of plenty,” which shed light on the shortage of food many in our community face daily.
Say Yes!, Lake Oconee Living Wedding Guide
Lake Life, Flair, Healthy Living, Homefinder Smith Communications
Columnist at Morgan County Citizen 20087– 2011
* 2012 Georgia Press Association, First Place Humorous Column, Weekly Div. G
* 2011 Georgia Press Association, Second Place Humorous Column, Weekly Div. G
* 2010 Georgia Press Association, First Place Humorous Column, Weekly Div. G
Atlanta Writers Club Spring 2009 Contest
* Second Place Spiritual/Religious/Self-Help category
Judge’s comments: This author has a gift for touching one’s heart.
Born in Central Florida B.D. (before Disney), Jamie spent her childhood outside fishing, climbing trees and often smelling of sulfur, knee-deep in muck or wading in a pond.
After graduating high school, Jamie traveled to Dallas, Texas and attended Southern Methodist University. She received a B.F.A. in Video Cinema and a B. S. in Political Science on the four year plan per her father’s instruction.
From there she traveled to Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia and received her Juris Doctorate. At law school, she met her husband, a fellow law student. A member of the Florida and Georgia Bar Associations, Jamie thought it best for her sanity and the welfare of the general public to put a legal career on hold.
She worked in public relations and directed a bar review course for Georgia before giving birth to her first child. That child changed everything — so for the next decade – Jamie spent her life focused on family and adding to that family through adoption.
A twist of events opened the door to a creative writing platform. Once Jamie slipped her 5’9 ½” inch frame through the wee opening, she never looked back. Why?
She was having too much fun.