Interruptions while blogging or making life plans. Did things turn out like you dreamed as a child?
That’s our list this Monday: 10 THINGS YOU THOUGHT AS A CHILD YOU WOULD DO/BE.
As a young one I wanted to grow up and:
10. Own a thoroughbred — who happens to win Triple Crown.
Nope. Hasn’t happened yet.
Loved this horse. Affirmed.
9. Be a Sports Journalist.
Me, a microphone and a locker room full of stinky men.
Studied this a bit in college and had a micro-internship at CNN Sports.
Other than that, hasn’t happened yet.
8. Be a wife.
7. Be a mom.
Happened but not the way I planned.
6. Be a big time litigator. One who could make them fold like Perry Mason EVERY time.
Got the law degree. That’s about it with that one.
5. Be a marine biologist saving sea turtles.
Nope. But I make sure not to disturb the sticks and orange tape marking their nests when trudging down the sand dunes.
4. Create award-winning television drama about aristocracy in Britain after WWI.
Drat. Someone beat me to punch on this one. And I would have never killed off any characters. Ever. Other than maybe a stand-in wash maid who came down with the plague or something bubonic like that.
3. Be a gorilla.
Don’t remember this one but Mom said I wanted to be a “mother and a gorilla when I grew up.”
2. Have my own fishing show.
Still could happen. Or maybe monkeys could fly out of my ears.
1. Have a blog and make friends world wide on the Internet.
Of course not silly, this wasn’t a childhood dream considering I was already married and a mom when Al Gore invented the World Wide Web.
But it happened. And I’m glad.
What about you? What were your dreams as a child?