Ten secret things that bring me joy.
That is our challenge this week for Monday’s Listicles suggested by Wendy at Stamping Rules.
10. Hand massages.
9. Foot massages. I’ll stop right there with the body part massages, but just saying I love to have my body kneaded.
8. Greeting cheek-to-cheek with a person – Especially, if their cheek is warm and I’ve just come in from a cold day.
7. Warm hands. Not sweaty. Just nice, dry, warm masculine hands that close around mine. Reminds me of my dad when I was a little girl. Used to call his grasp the toaster.
6. Bare feet in furry slippers. This is a sad subject for me for I misplaced ALL my slippers. Our recent nosedive in temperatures this weekend added to my misery.
5. Pretzels dipped in sour cream.
4. Being alone. I say this is a secret pleasure because who wants to admit they love being alone? Makes me sound like a hobbit. Or worse. A hermit.
3. Real Housewives of AnyCity. But I draw the line at Big Rich Texas or Atlanta. Those are so low that I need to take a shower after watching.
2. Listening to my daughter play a musical instrument. I haven’t any musical talent. I love to hear her practice while I ramble around the house. Especially those days when she isn’t grumbling about practicing under her breath.
1. Driving my children to school. On a good day. When we are not late and there has been no bloodshed while getting out the door on time. The day is just starting and holds such promise. A blank slate to get so much accomplished. Hmm. Then somehow I seem to lose focus.